I'm learning a lot from Affilorama. I will sign up for the pay course when I get done with the hours of freebies.
Learned something very important about SEO recently. Back-Links are very important to a websites ranking. I suppose I've done this accidentally with all my blogs, etc. pointing or linking to http://www.xzactashears.com Anyhow, the links need to relevant in some way to have weight with google. In other words, a link from a "fishing site" might not be a good thing? That's what the nerds I've been reading are saying. Don't go to one of those free backlink sites that will submit your site to 3000 sites for indexing. I did this last week with one of my blogs that was on page 3 and in two days Google had kicked off the map.
In the case of scissor sharpening, it can be difficult to get good quality back links. I'm the only one I know that puts competitor links on their website. Local Search directories will give you some safe backlinks. I found a site http://www.YEXT.com that is really good. Just put in your url and it will give you a read-out of your websites standing in about 30 directories. I didn't have an extra hundred bucks laying around so I copied this and am submitting myself. I did 5 today. It is very time consuming. But that is 5 quality back-links that I didn't have before. Many of these are social, so most of my time was spent writing text. If you have the bucks and no time, I would definitely consider giving Yext some dough.
Yext doesn't mention "Google Places", but this is very good. And you can post 5 youtube videos on there. I also did this today.
Another social network worthwhile is Google+ Similar to "Facebook", but some neat features not found on faceboo... Just found out today that you can video conference up to 10 people at once on Google+ for free. Forgot what they call, but it's pretty cool. Has anyone tried it yet?
Happy SEO,
ryan
p.s. I've been led to believe that reciprocal links are not so good with Google either. Anybody know for sure?
DEDICATED TO THOSE SUCH AS MYSELF WHO KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT COMPUTERS TO BE DANGEROUS. TO THOSE WHO ARE A LITTLE ON THE NERDY SIDE, PLEASE TAKE PITTY AND EXPLAIN THINGS IN SIMPLE, DETAILED, ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
SCISSOR AND SHEARS SHARPENING MACHINES & SYSTEMS
WELCOME TO THE BLOG FOR SCISSOR SHARPENERS WHO DON'T KNOW A LOT ABOUT COMPUTERS. IF YOU ARE A SCISSOR SHARPENER AND KNOW ALOT ABOUT COMPUTERS, THEN PLEASE HELP US OUT. IF YOU WANT A GREAT SCISSOR SHARPENING MACHINE, PLEASE VISIT WWW.XZACTASHEARS.COM I REQUEST THAT COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG ARE RESTRICTED TO COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE...THANK YOU
I DO WANT TO HAVE TO EDIT PLEASE.
I DO WANT TO HAVE TO EDIT PLEASE.
No comments:
Post a Comment